in ,

These Everyday Household Objects Are Putting Your Pet In Serious Danger

Adopting a Pet

When you first adopt a pet, there are plenty of things you should do. Your new pet will need a checkup with the vet and any vaccinations they are due for. Your pet will also need a bed, dishes, food, and toys. The last thing that you need to do is to make sure that your home is pet-friendly. Cats’ and dogs’ systems had fatal reactions to certain things around your house. Before bringing your pet home, you need to rid your home of these products. These everyday household objects are putting your pet in serious danger.


Dogs love to chew on bones. Some bones are fine for your dog to chew on. However, poultry bones are hazardous. When your dog chews on the bone, it can splinter. This can cause internal injuries when your pet swallows the splinters. To be on the safe side, you should only give your dog bones that you bought at the pet store.

Loose Wires

Loose wires can be very harmful to your curious pet. If you have loose electrical wires, or loose Christmas lights, your pet can chew on the wires. This can result in electrocution. It is essential to keep all wires out of your pet’s reach.


You may find candy to be delicious, but for your pet, it can be deadly. All forms of chocolate are toxic to dogs. Because of this, you must keep chocolate out of your dog’s reach.

House Plants

Certain types of plants are toxic to animals. Seasonal plants like Easter Lily and Christmas Ivy can be toxic to your pet if they eat it. It is best to use plastic versions of these plants. If you insist on having the real thing in your home, make sure that it is out of your pet’s reach.


It is recommended to brush your dog’s teeth regularly to prevent gum disease and tooth loss. Before you start brushing, you should understand that you cannot use human toothpaste. It contains xylitol, which is toxic to pets. If you are going to brush your dog’s teeth, make sure that you use toothpaste that is made for dogs.

Pest Traps

Most people do whatever necessary to keep roaches, ants, and other insects form their homes. We also try to keep mice away. If you have a pet, you should be careful about where you place the traps. If your pet gets a hold of a trap, it can be deadly. It is best to keep the traps out of your pet’s reach or use a pet-friendly option.


Dogs love to roll around in the dirt. Sure, it makes a mess in the house, but natural dirt is relatively harmless. If you have a garden, you should keep your pet from rolling around in it. The dirt contains fertilizer, which is loaded with harmful chemicals. It is best to keep your pet out of the garden, for the sake of your plants and their health.


If you use any type of tobacco product, you should keep it far away from your pet. Tobacco is toxic to animals, and just a small amount can result in sickness and even death. Also, if you are smoking a cigarette around your pet, beware of second-hand smoke. It is just as dangerous to dogs as it is to humans.

Raw Dough

If you are baking, you should keep your pet away from the raw dough. Your pet’s digestive system cannot handle the microorganisms in the raw dough, and it can be fatal. Sticking your cat’s head through a piece of bread is harmless, and it makes for a great picture. See for yourself.

Himalayan Salt Lamps

These lamps are really cool, but they are a health hazard for your pet. A woman named Maddie Smith from New Zealand bought a lamp, and shortly after, the cat started acting strangely. His senses dulled, and he wouldn’t eat or drink. When the cat fell into a stupor, she took him to the vet. It turned out the cat developed sodium poisoning from licking the lamp. Fortunately, he got treatment in time to save his life.

Sugar-Free Gum

You should never give your pet gum. It just isn’t a good idea. If you chew sugarless gum, you should be especially careful about your dog getting their paws on it. Sugarless gum uses a sweetener called xylitol, which is poisonous to dogs.


It might look funny to see your dog drinking from your beer bottle, but it is a horrible idea. A dog’s liver and kidneys aren’t as well-equipped to filter alcohol the way a human can. Even small amounts of alcohol can result in vomiting, hypothermia, and cardiac arrest.


If you are snacking on a bowl of grapes, don’t share them with your dog. Grapes cause kidney failure in dogs, even though veterinarians cannot explain why.


If your pet tends to eat things off the floor, make sure that there is no loose change hanging around. Coins can cause your pet to choke, and if the coin reaches your pet’s digestive system, harmful compounds can be released, which can be fatal.


Coffee is terrible for your pet’s system. The owners of the oldest living cat, who is 38-years-old, claims to have given their cat coffee every morning, which has contributed to her long life. They are wrong, and they are fortunate that their cat didn’t suffer from a severe illness.

Cleaning Supplies

Pets are more sensitive to the chemicals in cleaning supplies than humans. It is best to keep cleaning supplies out of your pet’s reach. If he gets curious, he could end up very sick.

Aspirin and Ibuprofen

Animals deal with pain from time to time, just like humans. If your pet is in pain, a pill may be too much for their body to handle. It is best to use aspirin explicitly designed for pets.


Antifreeze is poison. This highly toxic liquid can fool your pet with its sweet taste. To protect your pet, keep the antifreeze out of your pet’s reach. If your car is leaking antifreeze, be sure to clean it up so that your pet doesn’t lick it off the ground.

The Meanings Behind Common Dreams Aren’t Exactly What People Expect

After A 12-Year-Old Smashed A Car Windshield, He Was Soon Being Called A Hero